What is CBCT?
CBCT stands for Cone Beam Computed Tomography or Cone Beam CT.
Cone beam CT is a tomographic scanning technology that can scan and acquire a specified volume of the patient's head and generate a 3D data set at much lower radiation doses than their medical CT counterparts.
Cone Beam CT represents the latest generation in medical imaging scanning machines ascending from conventional x-ray, to panoramic and cephalometric x-ray, to medical spiral CT. Cone Beam CT scanners have been used for diagnosis and treatment planning in diverse dental specialties such as maxillofacial surgery, implantology and oral pathology.
• X-Ray Radiation exposure to the patient is up 10 times less than a regular CT scanner.
• Much faster scan time. Scan on a CBCT takes between 9-20 seconds.
• Cheaper, average price of a CBCT scan could be up to 50% less than a regular Medical CT scan.
• CBCT scans are noninvasive, and can eliminate the need for exploratory surgery in some cases.
• To avoid surgical surprise, accurate treatment planning and help avoid complication and hence faster healing period and excellent results
• diagnosis of dental and maxillofacial pathology, trauma , impacted teeth , endodontics, tempromandibular joint assemsnt , sinus assessment and dental implant placment.
How is the Procedure carried out ?
A semi circular arm make one complete 360Â° rotation around your head.
To avoid any movement, your head will be held in place by a biting block and a head satbilizer. This helps in avoiding repeat scans and unneeded radiation exposure.
Is it Painful ?
CBCT is absolutely painless and the entire procedure takes only a few seconds.
Is there any special preparation for the scan?
- No special preparation is needed.
- You will be asked to remove anything metal such as earrings, necklaces, hairpins or eye glasses.
- Dentures will be removed during scanning unless needed.
- Incase a surgical guides is required for dental implants , a scanning appliance is to be provided by your dentist.
No appointment is required , at ISCAN we have a fast processing flow of patients in an elegant relaxing atmosphere.
Waiting time maximum 10-15 minutes, unless report is required , patient is asked pick it up in 6 hours also we have the option to deliver it to the doctor’s clinic.
ISCAN is located in the famous neighborhood of Smoha,
Saraya buildings , Aly Ebn Abi Talb square, Fawzy Moaz street.
Building 2 (Tulip) , Third floor.
Above HSBC BANK , KHALIL pharmacy and cookieman .
Next to Mohamed Korayem school .
Cairo Branch : Rofayda Health Park, 27 Crazy Water Axis Sheikh Zayed, Entrance 2, 27 26th of July Corridor,2nd floor, Clinic 102 , Giza Governorate, Egypt.
Mobile : +2 (011) 4042 4042
Phone : +2 (02) 379 633 30